Monday, August 1, 2011

Picking up a CHANCE card

Remember playing the board game, Monopoly? Did you have a favorite playing piece? The dog? The shoe? Top hat? I thought the little silver car was pretty cool. I feared going to jail.  And my favorite thing of all was landing on the "CHANCE" square and getting to pick up a CHANCE card.

It was so exciting. Nothing but opportunity - a chance, literally, for something amazing to happen. Or even something not so great. I didn't care - I loved the suspense, excitement and the risk. I guess that's why I love being an entrepreneur.  Each day I wake up, I feel like I'm picking up a CHANCE card.  Each day is an opportunity for something amazing to happen - or something not so great. But it's a chance! And that's I all I want. 

I don't expect everyone to be like me. But I will say that life is a lot more fun and interesting when you let yourself play. Give yourself the opportunity to have that CHANCE!

"All life is a chance. The man who goes the furthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare." - Dale Carnegie

No comments:

Subscribe in a reader