Thursday, July 5, 2007

Repotting

We sure love talking about the power of "no." Today's episode on our VoiceAmerica Business - Courage Crafters Show was all about "Go for No!"

Next week, we have on the authors of "Repotting" Ginger Pape and Diana Holman. These ladies have written a great book. I think my favorite quote (although there are many) was Rule 6 in the "Rules of Repotting" which is to Find Your Authentic Self - Write Your Story. They say, "Women toady are asking themselves: Why put off being who I really want to be? We don't have the luxury of living a "practice" life."

We believe that life should be crazy, fun, mixed up, and an experiment. Fail! Succeed! Repot!

So, on the subject of "repotting" I, Andrea, had actually never repotted an actual plant. Truth be told no plant ever survived long enough. Except... for the last two years I have had a wonderful plant that has grown and grown despite being under my care.

So I took my plant, got in the car and went to the local nursery where I planned to have them repot my plant. However, as the nice woman at the nursery explained to me - who I was going to PAY MONEY to for this repotting service - they don't do it.

With instructions, a new yellow pot, and soil I left to repot. As it turns out the roots of this plant had become so twisted, tangled and long that I literally had to cut off the pot to finally get it out. The amazing news is I did it and the plant is still living. I was so excited that I called my mother to tell her and, buoyed by my success I repotted my other 2 plants.

So, lessons I learned: 1) If you don't repot often enough your roots get so long and tangled it gets harder and harder. 2) No one will repot for you. 3) I am a repotter both in my plant life and life-life.

Listen to our next show The Courage to Grow next Thursday, July 12th at 10 am!

No comments:

Subscribe in a reader